THANK YOU PARENTS! PLEASE NOTE:some of your comments and your children's too, are now enthroned front and centre in our blog- thank you for taking the time to respond. Your input is welcomed and appreciated. We are constantly adjusting our program to meet your needs as much as we possibly can - please call Claudia or Andrea, and let us know your concerns and suggestions at any time!
Some students, due to careful and consistent practice, and encouraged by their parents, are gaining confidence and increased expertise. Much is yet to be done-some are not reading their new music well yet, so start by having your child mark in the note names and/or finger numbers. With this process they become more familiar with the notes they are reading, and eventually they don't need these crutches. WHATEVER WORKS to give them confidence is the motto at this point! The practice you encourage now is a gift to your child and is NEVER wasted! Be gentle and persistent - make it part of your daily routine.
HOMEWORK THIS WEEK
1.For perfect RH and LH position: Scales of D and G make sure fingers are on tapes, listen for the correct tuning on every note.
2. Lightly Row- practice daily , with note name sheet if needed, then gradually learn to work without the notes. FOR CONCERT performance
3. AFS Book : from 51 to 61 Play each exercise two times. Name the notes first for each one. Do one to two exercises/day.
4. TWINKLES Long bows- Review Daily
MRS SIPPI Hot Dog, MRS SIPPI MRS SIPPI - upper half of bow.
1. Scales for perfect position and tuning: G and D scales
2.AFS book: review up to 109.
3. March from Scipio for CONCERT-work carefully on counting
4. NEW Over the Rainbow- for the concert work most on arco parts- they are the melody ! write in the note names if needed, till you know them well.
5. review #75 Concert Song- for Concert, with Level 1-YOU are the leaders!
Each day try to improve any challenging parts of two or three of any of the following pieces:
1. scale of F major and Handel AIR
Definite Concert pieces: 3 solo accompaniments:
2. Vivaldi Concerto, 2. Gabriel's Oboe, (3.Let it Go-do not practice yet- till key is confirmed).
3.Handel Water Music: Allegro and Hornpipe
4.Over the Rainbow
5.Chariots of Fire
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!