Thanks to the NORTHERN LIGHTS QUARTET for visiting and sharing their music with us yesterday. Experiencing live concerts of our string instruments is an important part of the MATT education.
Here are a few photos of the event.
AND thanks for being such a great audience!
HOW TO EARN A MATT CERTIFICATE IN JUNE:
1. attend all classes, on time
2. attend all lessons, on time
3. Bring practice chart to every class:
Beginners practice at least 4 times/week
Advanced/Intermediate 5 times/week
5. attend at least ONE Rose/Rosebud concert this year
ADVANCED AND INTERMEDIATES: LESSONS THIS WEEK
for violins and violas Wednesday and Thursday
NEXT WEEK, cellos and basses Tuesday
ROSE ORCHESTRA CONCERTS pay by this Tuesday!
BE sure to sign up for live orchestra performances at the Rose Theatre Brampton. We get very low special rates-this year better than ever!
LIVE concerts are a part of your music education. First one Nov 1st
You will hear the Youth Orchestra- "The ROSEBUDS",
including our MATT student, Kalpi Patel
Pick up the info letter from Claudia- She must be paid, in cash,
by this Tuesday Oct 24
by this Tuesday Oct 24
1. Review correct Bow grip- repeat 10 times-ALL fingers curved
2. Review correct sitting position-on front of chair
3. Review correct instrument holding position
4. LEARN the music alphabet a b c d e f g- a b c d e f g-etc
5. LEARN the names of your strings: they are a 5th( FIVE letters) apart
CELLO/VIOLA lowest string is C, then up 5 to G up 5 to D, up 5 to A:
memorize C G D A ie: C is lowest (thickest) highest is A
VIOLIN lowest string is G, then up 5 to D, 5 more to D 5 more to A
memorize G D A E ie. G is lowest (thickest) highest is E
6. NEW: "STRING CYCLE" With excellent bow grip and instrument position, raise right arm above your LOWEST string. Drop the bow weight onto the string and play four short bow strokes- Repeat on each string up to highest and back to lowest
1.Scales of G and D
2. AFS BOOK- Work through last week 's assignment:114 to118
this week continue through to 120 p.34 PRIZE for playing #120 for the class!
3.Pomp and Circumstance up to bar 16
1. PLEASE RETURN ALL OF LAST YEAR'S MUSIC next Tuesday
2. MacPherson's Lament: scale of D /work up to bar 40
3. Fletcher: FIDDLE DANCE: scale of G /continue to rehearsal #5
4.Beethoven: MINUET in G work to bar 33
5. Elgar: POMP and CIRCUMSTANCE all-review once or twice only this week
Have a wonderful week!